Note: Melissa DiPane left WATE in December 2007.
Date of Joining WATE: September 2005
Birthplace/Hometown: Ocean City, Md.
- University of Maryland, BA in Journalism
Previous Media Experience:
- WJLA/NewsChannel 8, Washington, D.C., reporter (2004-2005)
- WVIR, Charlottesville, Va., reporter (2004)
- WSET, Lynchburg, Va., reporter (2002-2004)
- WHSV, Harrisonburg, Va., reporter (2000-2002)
- WBAL, Baltimore, Md., off-air reporter
- CNN, Washington, D.C., researcher for Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer
While in D.C., Melissa covered protestors at President Bush's second inaugural parade, Cathedral preparations for President Ronald Reagan's funeral, as well as a number of breaking news stories in the metropolitan area. Before that Melissa worked in Lynchburg, Va. Her reporting was instrumental in helping a family fight age discrimination at a local hospital, where the families severely disabled toddler was refused admission. The girl was admitted after her story aired.
What You Enjoy About Local News:
Helping others. Talking with people in the community in order to help make a difference. I also believe community members deserve to know what is happening around them, good or bad.
Media Awards and Honors:
- 2006 Associated Press -- Best Government Coverage