Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 10:00:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Attacked and Bullied at school  (Read 1638 times)
Neo_j

« on: March 17, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »

We just got back from Children's Hospital after my son was attacked and assaulted at Holston Middle School. There was also a police report that was filed. He was threatened by another student. This student then stabbed him with a pencil in the ear. This student also slammed my son into the lockers violently punching him in the stomach and then slammed him on the concrete floor, knocking him unconscious. The worst part of this story is that he has been attending this school for only 3 weeks  There was already 2 other incidents that has happened. The school systems are not doing enough to keep our kids safe from these bullies.  We want our voices heard. This has to stop. We do not feel that the School administration is doing enough. It is always an excuse. How much does it take?  I want something done about this; I do not want my son to become another statistic. The school administration needs to send a message to these kids and let them know that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. Sending the kids home for a couple of days is not going to do anything but give the kid a break from school. This is ridiculous, if we let this type of violence continue in our schools we are doing nothing but educating delinquents.
Report to moderator   Logged
deb
SOUND OFF All Star

As a matter of fact, I am opinionated.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:29:16 AM »

Press Charges or teach your child to defend himself. (Or Both)

I've always thought that the school policies made certain things worse.  If the schools would allow the other students to teach the bullies a short class in manners it may be more of a deterrent than the zero tolerance policies or two day suspension.

I'm sure any of you with any age can remember the school bully who was brought down a peg or two on the playground.  When he was over the embarrassment of a black eye and fat lip, he started acting like a human being.
Report to moderator   Logged

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.

Jean de la Bruyere
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: