Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 06:47:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The CHANGE we were to believe in !  (Read 2532 times)
Katie08

Proud spouse of USAF Retired

« on: January 12, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »

Well, well, well...........not one to say "I told you so" but getting lamblasted for not supporting Kiffin was worth it.  Oh I hoped he would succeed but I sure didn't hold out much hope that he would stay.  I foolishly believed that he would honor a committment - foolosh, foolish me!  Now that he completely got rid of the staff that was producing (ie Chavis among others)  where does the football program go now? 

Do we get money back or are we stuck for a ridiculous salary that will go unearned and unfulfilled.  As TLC said earlier, he was, is and always will be a Pompous A_ _!

Once again, my thoughts are with the young men who were laid astray by false promises and "Change they thought they could believe in!" 
Report to moderator   Logged

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not”   Thomas Jefferson
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:25:52 PM »

More than likely UT was finding out just what a POS they had hired and He thought he had better quit before the ax fell.He just wasn't that good.The Powers That Be At UT were suckered again.Should have stayed with Fulmer.At least he was loyal!But then that doesn't mean anything to the Powers That Be At UT!!!!!!!!!

"Life is Sexually Transmitted"
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »

Kiffin then became Al Davis’ unusual choice to take over the Oakland Raiders as a 31-year-old coach with almost no NFL experience. He made it through just 20 games before an ugly public firing in which Davis called Kiffin a liar who brought “disgrace” on the Raiders.
I think that guy had it just about right!!!!! Now UT can call him a liar,because he doesn't seem to have any loyalty and it seems he doesn't even know what the truth is!

TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:48 PM »

Good Riddance!!!!!!!!!

Katie08

Proud spouse of USAF Retired

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 10:36:03 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm and he says with a straight face "I am leaving a program that is better than it was 14 months ago!"  

Let's see here........how much are the recruits going to agree with that?

What are the NCAA investigations gonna cost the program?

How does this stunt make a stronger program?

How does this stunt grow men of character?

Hmmmmmmm and how is this program better now than it was 14 months ago?

The successes this year were Fulmer recruits.  Recruits that said they want Fulmer back.  Don't see that happening though.

How is the disillusionment and anger shown on the players faces and in their words better now than 14 months ago?

I sure hope that the young men who believed in Kiffen, make better life choices than the example Kiffen has given to them.

Personally, as much as I like Pearl and have to give Hamilton a bit of credit for him,  I think it is past time for Hamilton to ho.  Perhaps Lane can take him with him to USC:-))  Joy...joy!

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not”   Thomas Jefferson
cherokeemaiden

WE ARE ALL PART OF THE GREAT SPIRIT

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 01:07:18 AM »

This just proves that Kiffin has no brains what so ever. Why leave a team that isn't looking at the NCAA coming down on them. I hope Kiffin and USC get their just rewards...no bowl invitation for many years to come, that would serve the snake in the grass right. I didn't like the guy when he got here or the whole time he was here.
I'll come to Knoxville and help him pack, but I will bet that he and his family never unpacked in the first place. I'll go as far as saying that he has known before it was announced that USC was going to fire their coach and was getting ready to make the move when he got the call.
As far as for all the students in the lynching mob hunting for Kiffin after he made he one minute statement. The reason you couldn't find him is he snuck out the back door and headed to the airport, so he could get to the warmer weather. Hope it snows like h*** out there after he gets there. Hope he picks up Mike Hamilton on the way. It's time for UT to get rid of him. He brought all this mess on UT when he fired Flumer the way he did, and he can't keep the players out of trouble either. The zero tolerance should have been in the policy years ago, you just can't keep giving chances like they have and expect them to stay on the straight and narrow. The players need to man up and prove to the school and fans that they can keep their nose clean and stay out of trouble. Just because you play sports doesn't give you a free get out of trouble card.

BROKEN PROMISES
"They made us many promises,more than I can
remember.
But they kept but one-They promised to take our land...and they took it."  
Chief Red Cloud
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 10:02:48 AM »

Hmmmmmmm and how is this program better now than it was 14 months ago?
Kiffin is gone Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin That in itself makes the program better!!!!!

hockeyham

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 02:33:27 PM »

Kiffin Fulmer is gone Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin That in itself makes the program better!!!!!

FTFY

Ham radio operator / Hockey Fan

“Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought” - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: