Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 12:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pearl staying at UT; gets new contract  (Read 5304 times)
jetfan27

« on: April 03, 2009, 06:50:36 AM »

I'm going to try his strategy at work. Don't do as good a job as I can and then start rumors that I'm going for a new job and maybe my company will beg me to stay and pay me more and offer a bonus.
Sounds like a plan to me!
Report to moderator   Logged

While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake.  ~ Henny Youngman
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:43:36 AM »

I am glad I wasn't the only person who thought that.I think that is exactly what happened.

"Life is Sexually Transmitted"
Coach
SOUND OFF All Star

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:53:11 AM »

I am giving Bruce Pearl the benefit of the doubt. 

Was his original contact getting ready to expire and they renegotiated a new one, at the same time this rumor started?

If you were a genie and a person asked you this wish, "I wish you would not grant me this wish" what would you do?
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 10:44:46 AM »

I am giving Bruce Pearl the benefit of the doubt. 

Was his original contact getting ready to expire and they renegotiated a new one, at the same time this rumor started?

If he had been available for comment,I might see it differently,but he made himself scarce.I guess he just might have been afraid he might misspeak,so to speak!  Wink

"Life is Sexually Transmitted"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: