Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 04:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Irony  (Read 3299 times)
Katie08

Proud spouse of USAF Retired

« on: December 29, 2008, 06:37:06 PM »

Don't know if anyone else noticed it yesterday or not, but the signs show a bit of irony.    The Raiders get rid of Kiffin and guess what, the Raiders won.  And all along we were lead to believe that the Raiders were a rotten team with an even worse owner.  We were led to believe that the poor record was absolutely no fault of Mr Kiffin's!   Now, Mr Kiffin axed one of the best defensive coaches in the country so his daddy could lead the defense. Irony of irony, the Buccaneers lost big time yesterday and the reason being that daddy's defense was the most pathetic show of coaching to exist in the pros yesterday.  And this is the coach that is suppose to be sooooo much better than Chavis!  And the guy that replaced Fulmer,  well it is a good thing that he signed on the dotted line before we found out that they Raiders were lousy because of Kiffin and seemed to shape up after Kiffin got axed!   A bit ironic if you ask me :-))
Report to moderator   Logged

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not”   Thomas Jefferson
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »

A bit ironic if you ask me :-))
You got that right.

"Life is Sexually Transmitted"
jetfan27

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »

And the guy that replaced Fulmer,  well it is a good thing that he signed on the dotted line before we found out that they Raiders were lousy because of Kiffin and seemed to shape up after Kiffin got axed!   A bit ironic if you ask me :-))[/quote

And you want to know what's really funny, I thought the Titans hired Fulmer as their coach, the way they got their butt kicked.

While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake.  ~ Henny Youngman
james330i

I love WATE's SOUND OFF Forum!

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »

then again..their last wins were highly attributed to Justin Miller, who was the special teams player of the month.  With 2 Kick return TDs, he is the reason the raiders won those games.

and guess what..he was acquired after Kiffin left..

don't forget that the bucs defense is expected to not show up, after finding out their defensive coach is leaving them.
TrumpetJ
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 02:02:27 AM »

Yeah they won a whopping 4 games post-Kiffin. 5-11 is still rotten no matter who is at the helm. Please wait until he screws up here at UT before giving him a hard time. The Raiders are still terrible. They were terrible before Kiffin and they were terrible after Kiffin. A coaching change made very little difference so making this all about Kiffin is kinda pointless.
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 09:40:30 AM »

I think Kippen or Koffon is a Pompous Ass.I don't think He can ever fit in with the community or measure up to the standards set by Fulmer.I don't like him or his attitude and as far as I am concerned He can ride back out on the Jackass He rode in on Namely the athletic directer

jetfan27

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »

Yeah they won a whopping 4 games post-Kiffin. 5-11 is still rotten no matter who is at the helm. Please wait until he screws up here at UT before giving him a hard time. The Raiders are still terrible. They were terrible before Kiffin and they were terrible after Kiffin. A coaching change made very little difference so making this all about Kiffin is kinda pointless.

I don't know about you, but I have noticed a bunch of people don't like change. I'm not  a big fan of change either, but if you are changing out something that doesn't work anymore(like Fulmer or Bush) then I am all for it. And if I'm not for the change, I keep my mouth shut  until the new change screws up. I don't bash until they deserve it. But down here, they bash and then see the results.

While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake.  ~ Henny Youngman
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 12:00:17 PM »

I don't bash until they deserve it. But down here, they bash and then see the results.
Did you ever stop to think that what we say about them just might make them work a little harder to prove us wrong. Wink

jetfan27

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 03:37:15 PM »

Did you ever stop to think that what we say about them just might make them work a little harder to prove us wrong

It's going to take a lot of work to prove me wrong. I just read what some people say in all these threads. I don't mean any disrespect, I'm just forming  a conclusion from what I see. Most Southerners don't like change.

TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »

I don't like change either.I've always felt that if something still works and serves a purpose there is no reason to change it.My formative years were spent in Indiana,so I guess its not just a southeren thing.  Grin

Katie08

Proud spouse of USAF Retired

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »

Jetfan - this thread is about UT football and not bashing "alleged" southerners who don't agree with you.  You meant no disrespect but were certainly disrespectful.  At any rate, being from Indiana I will dig down and stir up my patience and post this again.  I do not like Kiffin  but I am not opposed to change.  I despise the manner in which Fulmer was fired but am not completely opposed to his going.  BUt I am of the opinion that living in this country, I have a right to voice my opinion without getting chastised for voicing it. You may disagree with my opinion but don't lamblast me for my right to voice it. And generalizations about down here and southerners will only get you in trouble.  I would rather voice my opinion and admit my error in 2 or 3 years than keep my mouth shut and not be able to say "I told you so".  At any rate, Knoxville is a college town and not a pro town.  I do not like Kiffin, nor his daddy, nor his uncle, nor his wet nurse nor any of the multitude of use to be pro coaches that he is dragging in him with him and making Knoxville the pro coach junk yard of the country.   I can only hope that he will coach them as a college coach with instruction and discipline and not as a pro coach.  He has extremely high standards to fill, standards that Fulmer set and standards that were Fulmer's downfall.  With the attitude that I have seen and heard from him, my opinion is one of distrust and doubt.  For the students sake, I will be the first one to say that I hope that  my OPINION is wrong.

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not”   Thomas Jefferson
jetfan27

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 08:29:56 PM »

You started this thread by bashing Kiffin. You don't give him a chance to screw up. All I was trying to say... scold people when they earn it. Let them screw up. And I am not bashing Southerners. I went to college down South and worked for years down South. If I didn't like the South, I wouldn't be here. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect your opinion. And I haven't chastised anybody. I stated my observations and my opinions and I don't expect people to agree with me. I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way. That was not  my intention.
What is so important about saying "I toldyou so"? It doesn't help any situation. All it does is rub someones nose in it. And I think you are wrong about this being a college town. It SHOULD be  a college town, but I think the UT athletic department has different ideas. And I believe they are going in the wrong direction with their sports.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: