Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 28, 2014, 10:22:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cutcliffe or Gruden to Tennessee?  (Read 6049 times)
Vol in Memphis

« on: October 15, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »

Not sure how to respond to this one....

I liked Cutcliffe but not sure he would leave Duke to come Back to Tenn for a 3rd trip. Afterall he's just getting started re-building the Duke program. I already know he can handle the head coaching job, everyone saw that at Ole Miss.

But this other guy Gruden...who is he and what has he done? I know nothing of him or about the guy.

But if it did come down between the these 2, my money would be on Cutcliffe mainly because I know the guy and what he can do plus he's one of Tenn's own and we all know how Tenn like to hire one of their own (Fulmer, Majors,.....). Grin

Thoughts?HuhHuh

Report to moderator   Logged
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 03:46:12 PM »

I don't want Cutcliffe back.I'd rather lose with Phil,or better yet do you think we could get old Steve.

"Life is Sexually Transmitted"
Vol in Memphis

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »

You mean 'Ol Shinny pants?

Wouldn't that just irk people off to no end...heck I would have to get new Tshirts and hide the one I have that says:

"Will Roger said ne never met a man he didn't like....but then he never met Steve Spurrier!"

ha ha ha

tbluepooh
SOUND OFF All Star

What time I am afraid I will trust in Thee.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 04:56:11 PM »

Wouldn't that just irk people off to no end...heck I would have to get new Tshirts and hide the one I have that says:

"Will Roger said ne never met a man he didn't like....but then he never met Steve Spurrier!"

ha ha ha

My brother would roll over in his grave if Spurrier came to TN.  I am glad he did live to see Spurrier in  S.C. he lived there for awhile/

Through the Lord Jesus, all things are possible.
ken1965

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »

:)this Gruden guy?HuhHuh?
What has he done?
Won a Super Bowl In Tampa Bay
He would be a great fit he was a Graduate Assistant at UT in the late 80s or early 90s.
Would be the right move for Tennessee he has a home in Seymour Tn
Ken
Vol in Memphis

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 05:30:05 PM »

What has he done?
Won a Super Bowl In Tampa Bay

Ken I quit falling Pro Foot ball a loonnnnnng time ago. When they went on strike for more money the second time around. So that's why I've never heard of him.

But what you've said already about the guy...house in Seymore, UT Grad and all...sounds like he could work out here.

Thanks for the info on the guy...like I said I don't follow the Pros.
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 10:22:25 PM »

ha ha ha

I always liked that,but if we got him we would have to rethink that  Grin

Katie08

Proud spouse of USAF Retired

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 05:38:06 PM »

I have been a UT fan for years and a season ticket holder for the Lady Vols. I will remain a football fan UNLESS we go for Steve Spurrier.  He has no class and could never live up to the standards of Fulmer. I would not want Cutcliffe.  He quit on UT twice and I don't believe he would even accept an offer if made as it would appear to be a slap in the face of one of his best friends - Fulmer.

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not”   Thomas Jefferson
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 07:42:27 PM »

Cutcliff would be going in the wrong direction.I never liked him and he could never be a devoted coach for Tennessee as Fulmer was.

JosephBaileyOne
SOUND OFF All Star

Live Free or Die Trying!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 08:15:08 PM »

Steve Spurrier

Jon Gruden

Both have a championship and one of these two is who should come to UT.  Whoever comes in to Big Orange should already have a championship under their belt as the fans need to be spared from someone who still needs to prove he can win.

The United States Constitution, when was the last time you actually read it?  Try it, you'll like it.
Parnelli

I compute, therefore, I.M.

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »

Rumors abound that a certain quarterback that has a street named after him is building a home in Maryville. Rumors also abound that say "if he wants the job, it's his."
So, maybe there are 19 reasons that this might happen?

Parnelli
The master of bad jokes and ruler of the land of odd.
DwayneMiller

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 12:58:37 AM »

My vote is for Chris Petersen at Boise State. Gruden would be a close second. Chris Petersen's Bio page from the Boise State web-site, http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=54307&SPID=4061&DB_OEM_ID=9900&ATCLID=578844&Q_SEASON=2008
Vol in Memphis

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 12:28:06 PM »

(doing my best Jerry Lewis imitation)

Hi! I'm form Boise, are you from Boise, I'm from Boise! ha ha ha ha!

Yes I know a little harsh. Seen a little of the Boise teams and they do pretty good but kind of like the guy at Fresno St. When Tenn played them a while back he really impressed me as a good guy and a good coach!

With his style of Coaching and Tenn ability to geed some really good players think that would be a good match up! Lord knows he'd have the funds! ha ha

But think both of us are doing some wishful thinking here! Tenn promotes from their own! Previous players and coaches! Fulmer, Majors, Dickey,.....

Don't think the establishment would go for an "outside" guy.

Sad I know because it really limits the field to choose form.

TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 09:18:27 AM »

Did anyone foresee the one they picked.I would honestly rather have given Fulmer another year.Win or Lose in my opinion its the game.No one will be a part of Tennessee and the community as Fulmer was.As they used to say,I think who ever made the decision to get rid of Fulmer "Crapped(can't use the word that really goes here but you get the picture) in their mess kit"!

Katie08

Proud spouse of USAF Retired

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 09:44:39 AM »

Well Vol in Memphis - they went outside and got us a loser.  If this was the year to go outside the box, why pick a loser.  Heck an unknown like the Ball State coach would have made a better pick than a loser like Kiffin. 

And TLC - I can bet Hamilton was rethinking his mistake last night.  Not only did Hamilton fire one of the winningest coaches in College football and a genuine good guy, he lost one of the best defensive coaches in the country.  The kids played their hearts out last night and not for themselves but in support of their coach that has been disrepected by Hamilton, Haslam, Clayton and the media!  Ya know who was cheering for Phillip?  Rich Brooks - the Kentucky coach has been more than vocal about the way Hamilton and UT treated an icon and has said emphatically that "anyone would be a fool to consider the coaching job at UT where a winning record overall is not enough - a fool."  Godspeed  Phillip and good luck team - you are on your own next year - you have been thrown to the wolves.

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not”   Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: