Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time for a change?  (Read 7429 times)
tbluepooh
SOUND OFF All Star

What time I am afraid I will trust in Thee.

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 05:36:46 PM »

[
Phil Fulmer's winning percentage is still among the top in the country.

He's should fire Dave Clausen, the Offensive Coordinator  ...... that's where the problem lies !!!!

[/quote]

You know just because a guy can play in high school doesn't mean he will do well in college football.  Do you think that the home town coach made them look better than they really were?  The defensive was really great but every time the offensive took over it looked like high school football.

I will miss Fulmer and I hope he goes out with a BANG!!!!!
Report to moderator   Logged

Through the Lord Jesus, all things are possible.
dave

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 05:48:38 PM »

[
Phil Fulmer's winning percentage is still among the top in the country.

He's should fire Dave Clausen, the Offensive Coordinator  ...... that's where the problem lies !!!!

You know just because a guy can play in high school doesn't mean he will do well in college football.  Do you think that the home town coach made them look better than they really were?  The defensive was really great but every time the offensive took over it looked like high school football.

I will miss Fulmer and I hope he goes out with a BANG!!!!!

Pooh,

I won't disagree with you at all. I still say that if Phil Fulmer made a mistake this season ........ it was in hiring the new offensive coordinator. That was the downfall this season.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." Emo Phillips
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »

I'd like to see you take over the Head coaching position and have his same luck, LOL.
There is no way I could do his job.The only thing I can do is Armchair Quarterback,and we all know how that is.One thing I will say,I know He was under a lot of pressure.I don't envy anyone trying to coach at Tennessee if you don't win all the time there is always someone calling for your head.Can you imagine trying to do a job under those conditions.There is none better and I think we will all miss having him to find fault with.I hope He does not get out of the coaching field.Hell I might even buy me a hat with whatever place he goes on it.I want to see him come back where ever and go out a winner,but right now I think he needs to rest.This year and dealing with the fair weather fans has taken a lot out of him.

"Life is Sexually Transmitted"
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 07:39:47 PM »

I will also agree with that.

unseenstorm

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 08:37:34 PM »

I think Fulmer stepping down is a big mistake.  Thanks to all of the Part Time VOL Fans who's on the Band Wagon when the Vols are winning but as soon as they lose a few games they jump off and want Fulmer Fired.   Well, I hope the part time fans are happy now they got what they wanted.  It's going to be hard to replace Fulmer and who ever the new coach is will have BIG SHOES TO FILL what are the so called FANS going to do when the new coach has a losing season call to have him fired too. Mr. Fulmer you will be MISSED by all of the TRUE FANS and THANKS FOR ALL OF THE GREAT YEARS!!!!!  ONE TRUE FAN!!!!!
Vol in Memphis

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »

Unseenstorm...

Gee where to begin...

Like I said from the start, I think Coach Fulmer is a good coach and a good guy from what I can tell...but...

I agree with you that it will be hard to replace Fulmer, he's done a heck of a job...a few miscues (not firing Randy Sanders earlier then he did, Clausen/Ainge fiasco just to name 2) but overall he has been a good coach but like someone said, the game changed and Fulmer didn't.

Fulmer has the same problem as Spurrier does in South Carolina. Spurrier is trying to run a fun and gun offense like he did in the swamp and it's not working.

Times change, the game changes and either you change or get left behind. Fulmer didn't change, his calls are so predictable that the oppsing team knows them BEFORE the QB does!

As for the part time fans (which I am sure there are a ton of them out there and I DO NOT count myself as one of them) some if not most of their complaints are justified! Here's how:

1) Tennessee goes from a powerhouse/a team you NEVER overlook to a homecoming team (the ones you want to play at homecoming because they make you look good)

2) Tenn goes from an expected 1 or 2 lose season to maybe we can pull off 4 or 5 wins this year

3) Tenn goes from the looking at the schedule in Aug and trying to guess which new years bowl Tenn will be at to looking at the schedule in Oct and going "hmm, wonder if we can qualify for the toilet bowl this year.

This is NOT where Tenn belongs but this is where Tenn IS right now. Something has to change. Sort of like an old car, you love them and stand by them but after a while you have to let them go other wise we would all be driving model T's.

Also like I have said before I can understand DOWN years, hate them like everyone else but it's part of the game. But the down years have been going on since '98! 

Thoughts???
bridgitmac80

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 06:43:08 PM »

I think Fulmer stepping down is a big mistake.  Thanks to all of the Part Time VOL Fans who's on the Band Wagon when the Vols are winning but as soon as they lose a few games they jump off and want Fulmer Fired.   Well, I hope the part time fans are happy now they got what they wanted.  It's going to be hard to replace Fulmer and who ever the new coach is will have BIG SHOES TO FILL what are the so called FANS going to do when the new coach has a losing season call to have him fired too. Mr. Fulmer you will be MISSED by all of the TRUE FANS and THANKS FOR ALL OF THE GREAT YEARS!!!!!  ONE TRUE FAN!!!!!

I 100% agree!! Watching the press conference and him holding back the tears, was a moment I will never forget in Tennessee history.

These part time fans are the reason the Vols are the butt of so many football jokes.

I must say, I would like to see Manning coach the Vols. I know there are many who really don't want to see that, but that is my opinion. Even Tee Martin might make a good one. I just think it is a shame when people want to get rid of a coach who has done so much, just because like everyone else in the world, he isn't perfect. Wonder how long it will take for those same "fans" to whine and cry if the replacement coach is beyond AWFUL!

I am proud to be a Big Orange fan and proud to be a Philip Fulmer fan!!
To Fulmer: You will be missed by many and I for one would love to see you and the team finish out this season with some big wins. That would show em all!

GO BIG ORANGE
cherokeemaiden

WE ARE ALL PART OF THE GREAT SPIRIT

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 02:40:44 PM »

I will have to agree with those of you, who blame all this on the Part-Time Fans of the Vols. Plus, I think it's time to change Athletic Directors also, he is the one who hired that jack*** Offensive Cordinator. I hope they are both happy. They let the best Coach for the job go. Fulmer has the best coaching record yet. Tennessee better look out because I say Fulmer will be taking the job at Clemson.
I don't believe this new coach will meet the expectations of the team or anyone else.
I personally, think he is blowing hot air.
I'll be sratching the Vols off my college team list on who I pull for. I'm not a part-time Vol fan either. Now I won't be a fan at all.

BROKEN PROMISES
"They made us many promises,more than I can
remember.
But they kept but one-They promised to take our land...and they took it."  
Chief Red Cloud
jetfan27

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 07:43:08 AM »

I don't care if he walked on water. They are paying him and all the other coaches too much [bleep] money. This is one reason tuition is so high. They should pay some of the professors half of what they pay these coaches.

While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake.  ~ Henny Youngman
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 08:07:51 AM »

Seems somewhere along the way we have lost a few priorities.

Vol in Memphis

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 04:53:39 PM »

What ever happened to the good old days...

You when you get paid....

You loose but the team looked good (just got out played) you get paid...

The team  goes out there and looks like "OK, we're...what else to do you want?" YOU pay the school!

When you look at the Tenn team that played against Vandy & Kentucky...that WAS Tenn football! Kids were fired up and ready to kick you know what and NOT EVEN worry about taking names.

But from what little I saw of the team thru the year...these kids were not ready...not fired up...not motivated and looked like they just didn't care.

Almost like the kids had it in their heads that they were going to loose so why bother. Maybe I didn't get to see enough games or of the games but that is the impression I have.

You know, I can handle loosing games and even seasons if the kids were fired up enough. If it looked like they were trying or cared!

But the last two games! Now that was TENNESSEE FOOTBALL! That is what the fans pay to see and the way the kids DESERVE to play!

Thoughts?

Also had an idea for the offense! See what you think! If the offense goes 3 and out,the OFFENSE stays out there and plays DEFENSE! Why make the defense carry the team ehh??

ha ha
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: