Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2014, 12:35:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time for a change?  (Read 7427 times)
Vol in Memphis

« on: October 11, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »

I don't want to sound like a fair weather johnson but....

Thinking Coach Fulmer needs to go. I can still remember when Majors came to town and how K-town went nuts, just like South Carolina did when Lou Holtz got there. I can remember when Fulmer took over and all the great things he's done since he's been here. But from what I've seen so far the this season and remembering the past few seasons...starting to think the wrong coach went to Duke.

Don't me wrong, I like Fulmer and think he's a heck of a coach and a really good guy from what I can tell but after ENDURING the Clausen Clowns... the Ainge/Clausen nonsense (which one of the two isn't choking as much...that's the one playing this week)...its time for a change.

I can even understand have down years and off seasons but DECADES? Can't remember a really good year for Tenn since the national championship year.

Thoughts anyone?
Report to moderator   Logged
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 09:29:27 PM »

I can't argue with that.  Cry

"Life is Sexually Transmitted"
Harley Ultra

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:40:40 PM »

The game has changed but the coach has not. Embarrassed
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:19:08 AM »

I think we are just about ready for that Moving Van!

Harley Ultra

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 10:55:52 PM »

I think we are just about ready for that Moving Van!
I will donate a real estate sign.
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 08:07:01 AM »

I'll donate my son to drive the van Hes an OTR driver.I think He can take a few days off to deliver Phil to wherever.

Vol in Memphis

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 11:43:49 AM »

What was it that they did to Doug Dickey (OK I can somewhat remember Doug Dickeys days)....it was the moving van as well as cow manure.

Harley Ultra

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 05:42:12 PM »

Well i think Phil just packed some more boxes this weekend.
Freckles

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »

I don't blame the couch from stepping down. Who needs the headache, UT fans are spoiled little brats. If they are not winning they just walk out and that is just plained rude. Oh yes lets blame the couch for everything and forget that he led us to championship in 1998. He is the greatest couch that Tennessee has ever had and will ever have. I am going to sit back and laugh when you get the new couch and he doesn't lead them to a win. Have you ever thought of the players, they are new and just starting out and you don't even want to give them a chance.
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 12:43:38 PM »

Have you ever thought of the players, they are new and just starting out and you don't even want to give them a chance.

Who recruited them???

Oh yes lets blame the couch for everything and forget that he led us to championship in 1998

He didn't lead us to anything,The quarterback of the time had the ability to get the team to play as a team.He wasn't the best,but they played as a team and no one has instilled that in the team since!

UT fans are spoiled little brats.

Yes they are,but they want to see results from the money they spend.and I think in this case they are right.Besides Phillip is probably being offered the athletic Directors job. Wouldn't that be a HOOT!

MrClean61

I'm as good once as I ever was!

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 01:59:19 PM »

Yeah let's get rid of him!!!

He's only got an over 75% winning record! The problem here is the fan base. Paterno had a few bad years, but they have loyalty and honor there, so JoePa is still there coaching. Oh and let's see, he's winning again as well! Even during the bad years the fans at Bama didn't Boo their team when they weren't doing too well. For people that are supposed to be so proud of their school and team, they sure will turn on them in a heartbeat! Maybe Fulmer's days are done, but show the man some respect for putting in the years that he has. He's always been proud of his school and remained loyal to it even when people have tried to run him into the ground. You've seen the man coach a lot of football games, and I ask you to think about it, do you really want to see him standing on the other sidelines? I can assure you that "NOBODY" wants to win anymore than Coach Fulmer. After the treatment he's received here lately, I hope if he does coach somewhere else in the SEC, and they kick the bajeebers out of UT!!!!!
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »

but show the man some respect for putting in the years that he has.
He was well paid.He didn't do it just for the fun of it.He did it because of the money,but even the loyal Tennessee Fans want to see a win every now and then.I have never thought He was a good coach in the first place.Lucky,yes.Good,No! Sincere in his beliefs and what he was doing.Most Definatly.The community will certainly miss him.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:14:43 PM by TLC1ST » Report to moderator   Logged

dave

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

IMHO .... One bad season does not make a coach bad !!!!!!

Phil Fulmer's winning percentage is still among the top in the country.

He's should fire Dave Clausen, the Offensive Coordinator  ...... that's where the problem lies !!!!

Let us not forget what coach Fulmer has done !! He has spoiled us on winning and now that he has had one bad season we want to forget all that and get rid of him !

Shame on Mr. Hamilton , and shame on the Alumni ............

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." Emo Phillips
dave

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 05:20:47 PM »

I didn't say one bad season (actually its two) made him a bad coach.I didn't say he was a good coach in the first place.I said he was a lucky coach.Very Lucky! to have had the support people to do his job for him.As far as I am concerned He is on his own and gone.Good Riddance!

TLC1ST,

My responce was not directed at you .............. it was directed to any who feel Phil Fulmer has let them down.

But , I feel that Fulmer has coached alittle more than 2 years. So even 2 bad seasons (as you have noted ) still don't make a bad coach. And Phil Fulmer was Not just lucky at all. I'd like to see you take over the Head coaching position and have his same luck, LOL.   If it was luck then I doubt you'd do as well!

This situation was very reminisanct of the Johnny Majors departure. How soon we forget!

But, (IMHO) the change at Offensive Coordinater was the downfall this season.

The wrong person was fired !!!!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." Emo Phillips
Katie08

Proud spouse of USAF Retired

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »

I feel bad for Caoch Fulmer and all he has given to this school and it end like this.  But he will come out standing tall.  My sympathy is extended to the new coach - whomever they select.  I cannot imagine ANYONE matching the standards that Coach Fulmer has set.  One of the winningest coaches in the NCAA.  Has a high graduation rate in spite of the lure of NFL big money.  Has played clean in the eyes of the NCAA. Has strong disciplinary standards, has won a National Championship in a class where competition is strong. Has great moral character and will leave with, I repeat, one of the highest winning percentages in the NCAA.  Yes indeed, I pity the successor who will NEVER match the records that COACH Phillip Fulmer has set.

“The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not”   Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: