Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 17, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meth.  (Read 4245 times)
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« on: April 28, 2004, 02:59:53 PM »

With this substance in the news more and more you don't know just who is making it or where it is being made,which brings me to a question.Does anyone know what it smells like when it is being made?The reason I am asking this question is,we have one rental house in this neighborhood,I don't have anything against people who rent it is just that this one is a little suspicious.There is a strange oder coming from this house late at night through earley mornings,also the windows are always up even in the winter time, even though the house is equipped with central Heat and Air.This house is right next door to me.My Friend and Neighbor who lives across the street from me works the evening shift and gets home around 1:30 am and it is really going strong around that time.If anyone knows what this stuff smells like I would sure appreciate the information..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:04 PM by -1 » Report to moderator   Logged

"Life is Sexually Transmitted"
ut_grad_student

Is it charity if you claim the tax deduction?

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 03:12:32 PM »

Is it a strong "chemical" type smell or something else?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1096948800 » Report to moderator   Logged

"An unconscious people, an indoctrinated people, a people fed only on partisan information and opinion that confirm their own bias, a people made morbidly obese in mind and spirit by the junk food of propaganda, is less inclined to put up a fight, to ask questions and be skeptical.." - Bill Moyers
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 03:21:22 PM »

If you would,Please tell me what it smells like,I do not want to jump to conclusions but it does have a chemical smell.But,does it have a distinctive oder that would be easy to recognize and hard to mistake?I don't want to say anything if these people Just Stink.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1096948800 » Report to moderator   Logged

ut_grad_student

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 03:34:31 PM »

I would describe it as a strong urine-like smell, ammonia, or nail polish remover.  Other signs would be increased traffic to/from the house during odd hours.  If both of these are true, then I'd call the sheriff's dept.  The chemicals are quite toxic, not to mention explosive.

"An unconscious people, an indoctrinated people, a people fed only on partisan information and opinion that confirm their own bias, a people made morbidly obese in mind and spirit by the junk food of propaganda, is less inclined to put up a fight, to ask questions and be skeptical.." - Bill Moyers
timsolady

Harleys, who could ask for anything more!!

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 03:38:48 PM »

You are so right, if that isn't the case, and they just smell, or have pets in the house that smell, and you called the law on them, they would bust down their door, hold them all at gunpoint, while they search their house. Please make sure before you do something, why don't you go to their house and talk to them? Bring them a cake and welcome them to the neighborhood while you quietly investigate.  I'd heard it smells like amonia, or strong cat urine.
ut_grad_student

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 03:41:10 PM »

Other signs include excessive trash with lots of anti-freeze or coleman-fuel cans, paint-thinner, Drano, battery acid, rock salt, propane tanks, red-stained coffee filters and duct tape.  

There are some others but this should give you an idea.  Any of these signs alone shouldn't cause you worry, but in combination you may have a problem.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:04 PM by -1 » Report to moderator   Logged

timsolady

Harleys, who could ask for anything more!!

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 04:52:21 PM »

Did ya'll see the pictures of the girls they busted at the Walmart? That one looked pretty bad, sores on her face etc, looks like she's been doing the shi* for awhile. I can't believe how stupid some people are!! I wonder whose bright idea it was to go shopping for their "supplies" at that time of the day, when you'd attract a lot of attention to yourself. I guess they weren't thinking about things like that.  Huh
Alwayz2be
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 04:55:56 PM »

When did the walmart thing happen. I have heard about it, but didn't catch the time.
AshleyONeal

I love Sound Off Forum!

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 05:41:53 PM »

I really doubt that they were thinking about getting caught, most likely they were just thinking about getting high. The probably were already high.
AshleyONeal

I love Sound Off Forum!

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 05:44:06 PM »

If you would,Please tell me what it smells like,I do not want to jump to conclusions but it does have a chemical smell.But,does it have a distinctive oder that would be easy to recognize and hard to mistake?I don't want to say anything if these people Just Stink.....

I doubt that they would just bust in the house on just a person calling. They probably would just watch for a while and see whats going on.
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 07:41:52 PM »

I would describe it as a strong urine-like smell, ammonia, or nail polish remover.  Other signs would be increased traffic to/from the house during odd hours.  If both of these are true, then I'd call the sheriff's dept.  The chemicals are quite toxic, not to mention explosive.

These people have a truck and they haul some of their garbage,I was going to describe the smell as somewhat like a sewer with a heavy chemical oder,the smell is only there late at night,also I have noticed they turn on Christmas lights on certain nights in front of the house,they only come out to go to the store,the guy always sends the Girlfriend,He very seldem comes outside at all and they sure bring in a lot of beer about a case a day that I see, and I have never seen anyone gone long enough to be going to work and like I said the windows stay open all the time,even in the winter time. I hope there is another reason for this strange behavior,We sure don't need a Meth Lab in the neighborhood...If this sounds like it could be this,give me some feedback.
Thanks

ut_grad_student

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 05:38:25 AM »

The windows open in the winter is kind of strange.  The average meth makers usually go to lengths to block their windows from my experience, but if the fumes get too concentrated then they may have to open the windows.  You can't assume that they are taking the normal precautions, however.  Hardcore users tend to get sloppy (ie the two women nabbed at Wal-Mart) when they can't see past their next batch.  

Still, it's all speculation on my part without seeing for myself.  I would notify the meth taskforce (or appropriate agency if there's no taskforce where you live).  They should give you advice on how to proceed and launch a proper investigation.  If they have a history with meth, they probably have a record.  

One last question.  Do they have children in the house?

TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 05:50:31 AM »

No,there are no Children. My Son is with KCSD and My Nephew is with KPD and this is his beat,They both come here a lot so it doesn't look unnatural for a cruiser to be parked in front of my house but I would rather they not be involved with this one.Too close to home...

ut_grad_student

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2004, 06:27:24 AM »

I'm glad there are no children there.  I would talk to the nephew about it if you haven't already.  There should be a discrete way to proceed that he can help you with.  From what I can gather, there is enough legitimate cause for an investigation, at the very least the odors may be considered a public nuisance.  Like I said before, if they have a history with meth, it will probably be a matter of record from previous busts.  The best you can hope for is for them to get busted again and move on.  

TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2004, 06:07:01 AM »

This is being investigated and was even befor I noticed it,just goes to show what we know about our community.I will keep you informed on its outcome,that is if they don't blow us all up,but I would say you will see the outcome on TV or read it in the paper..

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: