Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 12:07:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Child Abuse In Campbell County  (Read 15104 times)
deb
SOUND OFF All Star

As a matter of fact, I am opinionated.

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2004, 07:04:25 PM »

Chickery, your opinions and insinuations that the people on the board are passing judgement, defaming and slandering is no different than other posters' opinions that the parents of the abused child were evil, neglectful or wrong.

You are doing what you are criticizing others for doing Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:07 PM by -1 » Report to moderator   Logged

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.

Jean de la Bruyere
Chickery2

Facts Rule!

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2004, 10:17:11 PM »

On the contrary, My message is factual.  If I were to read the so called opinions on the messages made so far, not knowing what is true and what is a lie, then I would probably be a likely candidate to buy top of the line reverse osmosis systems in the Sahara desert.  You have no way of knowing why, only trust if you wish that what was said in my message was not unfounded.  

Contradiction is what your response to my message exemplified.  Read it more carefully what you responded with please.

It is a sad day when what was drawn out of my message resulted in yet again more negativity.  Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and there are those who really know what is truth and what is not(made-up)(words thrown together to sound good-could be it makes a person feel more important)(could be changing things instead of talking about it would help)(I do regulary try and make a difference in the state of this world).  Not just OPINION and GOSSIP.

I was simply asking for everyone to be accountably honest and not to lose sight of the real deal.

Is there anything really wrong in the common goal.  Less biting toward others focusing on Haley's recovery.  Clouding the situation doesn't help Haley's recovery.

GOD BLESS HALEY
Wink

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1096948800 » Report to moderator   Logged
deb
SOUND OFF All Star

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2004, 09:12:04 AM »

Chickery, until this is sorted out in a criminal court, all we have is speculation.  If you have some fact that illustrates the parents and other family members were not neglectful, abusive, irresponsible or otherwise contributors to the sad situation Haley was left in...........please share.  We'll listen.  Until then, don't judge us for arriving at a logical conclusion, and therefore a logical opinion of those who were originally responsible for protecting an innocent child.

If it makes you feel any better, I hold any adult who had contact with this child accountable.  That means that if you are close enough to the situation to have known the facts, why didn't you do something about it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:07 PM by -1 » Report to moderator   Logged

Jean de la Bruyere
littlestar

I love Sound Off Forum!

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2004, 10:32:55 AM »

It would appear that someone else does know the facts...Thank you Chickery for pointing out the obvious...yet it would appear that no one has bothered to read the message board located on the WBIR website, where it was explained in great detail how the family tried to get answers and help for Haley, but as no abuse was seen firsthand or any marks seen (even though they were told Haley hadn't been seen at all) and were therefore turned away not once but over and over again...keep in mind that those close to the case are now not aloud to defend theirselves until all of the facts do come out in court (which will speak for itself), and I am not speaking of Tommy or Charlotte or their family (there is NO excuse for their behavior), but of Haley's maternal side of the family...so alot of the facts cannot be shared at this time...that doesn't make the truth any less the truth...and though as adults there are those close enough to know the facts of what the maternal side of the family went throught to get help and were unable to do so does not mean that the abuse was known about, only that the baby was being kept from them...something had been tried to be done about that with no results, and  the only remaining option was to take them (Tommy and Charlotte ) to court to force them to allow visitation...

A belief which leaves no place for doubt isn't a belief, it's a superstition. -Jose' Bergamin.   It's wrong always & everywhere for any to believe anything on insufficient evidence.  -William Clifford
Lilac68

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2004, 03:26:37 PM »

First, let me say that Rose is as guilty as they are.  She should have shown up for court to fight for her little girl at the custody hearing.  If she had, maybe none of this would have happened.  That is my opinion, and I am not asking anyone to like it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1096948800 » Report to moderator   Logged
Chickery2

Facts Rule!

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2004, 04:48:14 PM »

Opinions are fine as long as they are not followed by what some on this board would pass off as being factual.  It would be like hushing a roar in order to hold people with their toungue when they have no backing on words that have been thrown around like willy nilly or do they call that "hear say" in the court system. (Are you remembering Haley?)

If only all could stick to fact about others and let the court do what they do, period and keep in mind all the while the welfare of Haley.  Then this would be a better world.  Unfortunately, that will never happen because of what was said earlier about when some would put words out there that are unfounded without fear of a reprimand, even from God himself knowing full well their words are scraped together for what reason? (hmm recognition, fame, to feel more important)  Who knows really. (Are you remembering Haley?)

I am so glad that is not me that has to answer one day.  (remebering Haley)

Deb, I would think you would pick up on this message for your next response (what is your middle name, does it start with a J or a J) because you pretend to shine so much .. you may need to wear shades more than not, you are way too bright for your own good.  Please don't take that as a compliment, it wasn't intended as such.  Right on Finchlady, you certainly keep along the same lines of what you have exhibited all along in this forum
   Sad Bless your heart)  (Are you remembering Haley?)

Let us see, some on here must have angelic families, who do no wrong ..yah yah

Remembering Haley.... Sleep well tonight little one
littlestar

I love Sound Off Forum!

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2004, 05:58:45 PM »

What custody hearing ever took place before concerning Haley?  None...it was a hearing about an ORDER OF PROTECTION...the best interests of the child were never even taken into consideration before they removed her...no guardian ad litum was appointed...there was never any follow up...I think that those are things that should be REQUIRED before and when a child is removed from one home and placed in other...It is sad when one parent can file for an order of protection on alledged instances and can end up with custody of a child without an official of any sort actually looking into the case...

A belief which leaves no place for doubt isn't a belief, it's a superstition. -Jose' Bergamin.   It's wrong always & everywhere for any to believe anything on insufficient evidence.  -William Clifford
Chickery2

Facts Rule!

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2004, 07:14:55 PM »

Henceforth there will not be any further comments on my part.  I have made my position very clear and have stooped.

God Bless to all and my prayers are with Haley, May Thy Will Be Done.

p.s.  misspelled earlier "tongue" and "remembering"  ..the perfectionist
in me is human with faults only facing
facts, not scraps.

Be well all!  Keep Haley in your prayers!
deb
SOUND OFF All Star

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2004, 07:15:53 AM »

Did I miss something?  What was Chickery talking about?

Jean de la Bruyere
Angry in CC
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2004, 07:23:09 AM »

The Mayor? Last I checked it was the sheriff, Senator Tommy Kilby, and David Keith.  I saw or heard nothing about a mayor being at this press conference.  There are already strict laws against child abuse in every state.  This law would be an anti-torture law that would go beyond child abuse.  It would be a model law for other states if it gets passed.  Even if the two scumbags got out on bond, everybody knows who they are and I can't imagine that they would want to get out.  They are far saffer in their solitary cells than among the angry population of Campbell County.
blacksheep

I love Sound Off Forum!

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2004, 09:28:31 AM »

You bet Angry in CC.  They are right where they want to be right now.  Tommy & Charolette both know that they would not be loose long until someone gave them a taste of their own medicine.  I heart went out to Hailey when Chief Dep. Scott told me that he asked her if she was hurting anywhere.  Her reply was she had a "boo-boo" on her finger.  All those marks and bruises all over her body.  The burns and the surgery on her eyes.  Her ears had knots on them where they had repeatedly hit her on the ears.  Her lips was swollen.  He said that the nurses told him that she has once complained about anything.  It sounds to me like little Hailey is a true fighter.  She is going to do just fine I think.  She will survive long after her chemically induced father and his girlfriend are long gone.  I don't believe that any Judge or Jury will let these two walk.  I just pray that their lawyers don't go for any plea bargain to try an get them a less sentence.  Terrible cases such as this such automatically be life or the death sentence.    Angry
Angry in CC
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2004, 10:08:56 AM »

The ear thing really bothered me from personal experience.  I was n amatuer wrestler on the high school and college level (now that is a sport I'd love to see Campbell County schools add).  I had surgery after college to fix my ears which had similar damage to what I have heard Haley had.  These developed over 6 years of wrestling!  She has only been alive half that time and in no way should have suffered such injuries.  I'd love to get this Tommy jerk on a wrestling match and tear his ears up the way he did his poor child's.  I can't even begin to relate to the rest of the injuries that she has suffered.  I do know this though, prison life will hold some special treats for these two degenerates.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: