Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 22, 2014, 07:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ABOUT THE RUNAWAY KIDS FROM DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN'S SERVICES  (Read 2388 times)
MAMAWS3ANGELS

I love SOUND OFF Forum!

« on: March 02, 2006, 06:04:36 PM »

Why would anybody be surprised about children running away from what seems to be the long-term facilities of DCS placement?  They are probably "aging out" of DCS custody or have been in "the system" so long they have been forgotten! They probably have stories of abuse and years of it, while in DCS custody, we would all probably want to run away, go any where but where we have been for years and not loved or protected.  These, probably mostly teen-agers, don't even have any place to go when they turn 18 and DCS slams the door behind them as they leave.  They don't have family or know where they are, they have been cut off from everyone they ever loved.  And it wasn't always voluntary on the parents or grandparent's side either, DCS forces them out one way or another.   
DCS has had an Order of Protection against me since May of 2005, just to shut me up, but they claim it's because I "may" harm my grandchildren!  Right, just after hell freezes over or donkeys fly!   I have taught myself and learned a lot from others, just what an evil, vile, bureaucratic agency they are.  And their mantra is "do what is in the best interest of the child".  NOT! They lie, they make up paper work to say what they want it to, and they try to break you down so you just give up fighting them.  They are finding it harder to fight the truth that more and more people, parents and grandparents especially, are confronting them with!
Yeah, the good ole child protection services, what did they protect these children from, I wonder.  Granted, some were physically/sexually/verbally/psychologically abused and had no family members suitable for taking them in.  But, most of them have loving parents and grandparents and extended family members that love them and would care for them.  Most are "poor" and do the best they can, but DCS has been known to take children away because the house was dirty or there wasn't enough food, rather than help them "learn" how to clean house.  And it may be just days before they get their food stamps, so they are low on food.  Did DCS take enough time or care to see if there was a simple solution, no, just take the kids away!
HOWEVER, THE REAL STORY IS, when these children were taken from their families, most were taken because of "reported" abuse from a stranger.  This stranger didn't have to give their name and it could have been a neighbor who had a grudge against the parents or a family member the parents owed money to, or any number of reasons for calling in a false report of abuse.  And once a child is taken into foster care, they are on a merry-go-round, going from foster home to foster home, while the parents are trying to figure out what happened and doing all they know to do to get their family back.
  What happened to the policy where DCS is supposed to do all they can to keep a child in their home and try to avoid going to foster care?  What happened to trying to find a family member, kin, or someone who has an integral relationship with this child , anybody willing and home study approved, is better than a child going to foster care!  STATISTICS SHOW A CHILD IS WORSE OFF IN FOSTER CARE, RIPPED FROM THEIR FAMILY, THAN IF THEY HAD BEEN LEFT IN A HOME WHERE THERE IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!
 DCS does little or nothing to keep a family intact and they don't even investigate to see if the report of abuse or neglect is true.  They do little or nothing to find someone to take a child, because when that child enters foster care, the financial end of DCS goes "cha-ching".  Yes, they do make money and lots of it, it just starts with foster care.  Then DCS is like a pit bull and holds onto a child with their teeth to make sure they don't get away from them, but try all they can to get them away from the family!
I have a neighbor who wanted custody of her 2 grandchildren when her daughter died.  She didn't get them , but DCS let someone else adopt them.  The adoptive family and DCS got about $4000 for each child, AND MORE, but they kept them in foster care for as long as they could to "milk" the system's money there.  DCS gets more money depending on the child's age, or if they are handicapped or disabled at all.  DCS has their own "people" treating these kids and helping them make decisions for them, so they can get money for certain diagnoses, behaviors, or psychiatric problems.  They have psychiatric problems the minute DCS takes custody.
It would have been a wonderful thing if the juvenile judges could have sat at the feet of Judge Garrett, in Knox County, before he died.  As it is they sit at the feet of DCS/CPS so they can learn about all the things they need to do to "protect" these children.  DCS/CPS would be the last place to go to ask how to protect children!  STATISTICS SHOW THAT more children are sexually and physically abused in foster care than in their own home.  More children die or are killed in foster care than in their own home.
This is enough for now, but there are a lot more "myths" of CPS/DCS to dispel! 
We are the eyes and ears and voices for childen, we are to blame if we allow childen to be "assumedly" cared for.  We have sterotyped the poor for too long, even they can love their children and their family!

GLENNA BIBLE MULLENIX
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:22:49 PM by MAMAWS3ANGELS » Report to moderator   Logged
TIDDYBEAR
SOUND OFF All Star

01/20/13 Change We can Believe In

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:14:30 PM »

>>>And their mantra is "do what is in the best interest of the child". <<<

No, Glenna......DCSs REAL mantra is "do what is in the best interest of the AGENCY"!!!
To quote Richard A Gardner :
"There's a complex network of social workers, mental health professionals, and law enforcement officials that actually encourages charges of child abuse--whether they're reasonable or not."
The Mondale Act created, and continues to fund, a virtual child abuse industry, populated by people whose livelihoods depend on bringing more and more allegations into the system.
And most people out there have the attitude "Who cares if 100 children are brought into the system unfairly if ONE child was saved"
<sigh>

Jan
Report to moderator   Logged

Help stop the REAL terrorism in America.....
          Child "Protective" Services
wifeandmommy

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 07:15:26 PM »

I am very interested in your opinion of DCS.  I am currently dealing with Knox County DCS.  My cousin lost his kids because of drugs (their mom is on drugs. too)  and his sister has temporary custody of them.  She is abusing them and won't let anyone see them.  I have filed a petition for custody of them.  She has also filed for custody.  We go to court soon.
What do you think will happen?  Do you think I have a chance of getting them?  I am their second cousin.
Report to moderator   Logged
TIDDYBEAR
SOUND OFF All Star

01/20/13 Change We can Believe In

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 08:28:50 PM »

>>>I am very interested in your opinion of DCS.<<<

My opinion of DCS is that they are an out of control money mill.  We currently have a lawsuit pending against them.  They do a good job of painting a picture to the public of how concerned they are about children. How they are out for the "best interest" of the children.  DCS isn't out for the best interest of the children, they are out for the best interest of the AGENCY!!  My first impression was that DCS couldn't take care of the truly abused children that need them because they are too busy wasting their time with people like us.  But, then I figured out that DCS doesn't WANT abused children.  Abused children have to be "fixed".  DCS wants to snatch children that haven't been abused so they can railroad parents into a TPR and have the kids adopted so they get additional bonus money.

>>>My cousin lost his kids because of drugs (their mom is on drugs. too)  and his sister has temporary custody of them. <<<

Well, first of all I am amazed that a family member got custody.  DCS doesn't get paid as much money for that as if they were put in foster dare.

>>> She is abusing them and won't let anyone see them. <<<

What makes you say she is abusing them?  Just that she won't let anybody see them?  Do you have any idea why she won't let anybody see them?

>>> I have filed a petition for custody of them.  She has also filed for custody.<<<

Why has ANYBODY filed for custody?  Do you not think that the parents can be rehabilitated??

>>>We go to court soon. What do you think will happen?  Do you think I have a chance of getting them?  I am their second cousin.<<<

I have no idea.  I would think that his sister, being a "closer" family member, would have a better chance than a cousin.  But, who knows.  Maybe if you can file some kind of proof to the court it will make a difference.  You have to realize, however, what a kangaroo court juvenile is.  Unreal the hear say testimony that they allow!

I recommend that you join a yahoo group called "Child Protection Reform".  There are people there that can give you all kinds of great advice!!   

Jan
Chattanooga

« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 08:31:29 PM by TIDDYBEAR » Report to moderator   Logged

Help stop the REAL terrorism in America.....
          Child "Protective" Services
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: