Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 10:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DCS Tennessee: †Good or Bad  (Read 10231 times)
Waynrdude

Ask me about DCS I will tell you...

« on: September 10, 2004, 02:24:51 PM »

I just put up a post about DCS in another heading but I thought I would make a new thread since there seems to be alot of interest about it.

There should be a DCS.  Just not the way it is being run today.  Why should they get funds for taking children out of their home instead of putting the home back together.  Arnold Schwarzenegger Thinks it is wrong too.
Read about the above article in MensNewsDaily.com an article from Jim Untershine.

One observation I have made is that Tennessee DCS does not use the word "Family" in their name.  Family?  Our child was taken from us and they only had two conversations with us.  The original connection with the case worker that took him and a Foster team member asked me "how much I made last year and what my social security number was?"  I gave him neither.

Here is my post I am repeating it here to give you a little more information:

I guess I should say that the following is my opinion since we are in litigation:

I guess most people have never had any dealings with CPS.  It never ceases to amaze me that  people that has never dealt with CPS always has good things to say about them.  I too was on the other side of the fence at one time,  I remember thinking well that person got what he deserved abusing a child... cut his N--ts off!  But my wife and I now are a victim of DCS.  Falsely acused (her professional opinion and never intending to prove it because she don't have to) of criminally neglecting  our nearly 15 year old child.  The neglect was letting his nearly 20 year old sister take care of him while we were out of town.  The DA dropped the charges when we demaned a Grand Jury.  CS does what it wants to do all the time,  the constitution does not apply to them, no one has rights against them.  The Constitutional amendment doesn't say: "no search or seizure without warrant (unless a child is involved)". We were guilty till proven innocent and our child suffered by being incarcerated in their foster jail. We are testing their laws and policies as we have a lawsuite filed against them now.  We have figured out you have no rights until your in front of a jury.  We filed this lawsuit 3.5 years ago and it is now just in discovery.

Fire them yes, if they are found that they are not doing their job properly.  I think you will find that most DCS case workers taking the children out our homes are less than 30 years old, not married and do not even have a child of their own.   They also seem to snatch the children out on Friday afternoon so the parents don't have a fighting chance.  Oh yeah not to mention, that we have been told they have to be out of their own home for three days for the State to get the Fed funds.  It is mostly a money mill.

Lawyers are hard to find because they don't want to go up against the system.  I have heard quotes from people that say "I can't defend you because you can't win against DCS." The laws of this land was made to protect people, and to protect people from the government, not to protect the government from the people.

Isn't if funny that the person that cuts my hair has to have a license and the person that yanked my son out of our house doesn't?

As for as foster homes go the one that my child was in constantly told him "your parents don't love you".  These are words form him.

As far as kids being killed in DCS custody, they will probably tell you that they are transfered to foster care so as it not to be reported as in DCS care.  This is the BS that our case worker told us.  Since we have a suit saying that our child was told his parents dont't love him, she under oath indicated that she is just the case worker (child snatcher) then she signs off immediately to someone else, so she has nothing to do with the child after the initial intake.  A federal report of 1999 says 1% of kids are killed in their own home and 2.1% are killed in foster care.

For everyones info here is what is going on:
www.profane-Justice.org
www.FightCPs.com
ww.AFRA.com

Not convinced?  Go to google.com and type in "Department of Children Sevices Tennessee Lawsuit"  They settled this one out of court and still is not in compliance".  At this time 1999-2000 they could not even find all of the 10,000 kids they have in stock.
Better yet just search for Fight CPS.  You will be amazed.

Wayne

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:09 PM by -1 » Report to moderator   Logged
TIDDYBEAR
SOUND OFF All Star

01/20/13 Change We can Believe In

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 10:46:17 AM »

Well, Wayne, do you think nobody has an opinion
on this topic?  Or are people just to cowardly to
discuss it??

Someone on another thread made the comment
"there must have been some abuse somewhere,
or DCS wouldn't have removed the kids".

<shaking head>  You have GOT to be kiding me.

People think there has to actually be abuse for
DCS to remove a child?  No way!  They get paid
their federal funds whether there was actual
abuse or not.  So, they really don't care. The
courts are going to kiss their butts and take
every word they says as fact, so they yank
every kid they can get their hands on.  It takes
someone like me to fight back to make them
think twice.

There was no abuse in my home, but they took
my child and put him in a foster home anyway.
Then filed criminal charges against me and my
husband.  But we didn't cave in and say "oh,
yes master....whatever you want me to do....
just give me my child back".  We fought back.
They wanted us to take probation.  Like we
are STUPID enough to agree to probation
without a trial?Huh  We told them no thanks.
Bring on the Grand Jury.

So, they dropped the charges.  That is what
they have to do when they have no case.

WOW.....DCS removed a child from his home and
they had no case?Huh?  Imagine that!!

Jan
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1096948800 » Report to moderator   Logged

Help stop the REAL terrorism in America.....
          Child "Protective" Services
Thank a Teacher

Sit in class with your child for 1 day.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 03:49:08 PM »

Obviously I do not know your individual cases, but in the school that I teach in we have had more kids this school in DCS territory than we have had in the past 10 years put together.

Just a few examples:

One case is too unique to mention to protect the kids privacy, but there are a couple of minor children living with a 17 year old 1/2 brother with one parent out of the picture and one parent in jail. DCS interviewed all of the kids at school and put an 18 year old friend as temporary guardian. There are MANY more things involved with this case, but yet DCS is not taking a stand on it one way or another. They are in the background. Our school social worker and guidance counselors have made home visits and some teachers have even given clothing and food for them. The 18 year old can't provide for  3 minors! I know that DCS tries to keep families together, but gee, this is a SAD, SAD case.

The second case is one that we, as teachers, reported physical abuse of a student to our guidance counselor. The counselor found out that his mother is a drug addict and beats up on the 2 toddlers in the family as well as the student. With that report we had our school resource officer do a "Welfare Check."  There was not any "imminent danger" to the children so nothing was done. Since then, the student has been kicked out of the family and forced to walk 25 miles to the nearest relative's house. Where is DCS then? No imminent danger? A homeless child, let alone the 2 babies left behind?

The third case is where a student was sitting in the classroom, was called to the office and taken into DCS custody THEN.  We still do not know what why or where the student is. We just know the student was removed from the parent's custody. No one really suspected anything.

It is hard for me to imagine that in two strange cases, DCS stood back and has done nothing, but in another case, they immediately remove a child from their home.
I know, I do not know all of the facts, but it sure doesn't seem to make sense on the surface.

I am not condoning what DCS does or does not do, but there has got to be a way for our students to be protected other than the way DCS does it. Bless their hearts. I hope and pray God looks out for all of them.
The kids are the true victims.

Thank A Teacher
That is the part that no one knows how heart-wrenching teaching can be.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1096948800 » Report to moderator   Logged
TIDDYBEAR
SOUND OFF All Star

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 02:11:31 PM »

That is kind of my point Thank.  I know that I am in
no way trying to say that DCS never does their job,
and I don't think Wayne is either.

What I think is that DCS is too busy filing false
charges against people like myself to have time
to deal with the actual abuse that is out there.
That was the #1 most frustrating thing for me
when we were being charged.  I knew that
there were truely abused kids out there that
needed these peoples attention, and they were
wasting their time on us!

You spoke of the child that was staying with
a 17 yr old, and they made an 18 yr old the
guardian.  Amazing!  We left our son in the
care of his almost 20 year old sister, but DCS
didn't care.  They took him into custody anyway.

You spoke of the child with younger siblings that
were beat and said it was reported.  But DCS did
not find any "imminent danger" and therefore they
did nothing.  My son was in no imminent danger
either, but they couldn't wait to yank him out of
the house and off to foster care.

The third case you mentioned is probably another
of the "nothing" cases they like to pursue.

I am on the extreme side of the issue however.
I think that DCS should be abolished.  Turn the
investigations over to the people that have the
training to investigate.  The police.  I understand
that their resourses are tapped.  But, if they
got paid the federal funds that DCS gets paid
when they remove a child (I heard it was $25
million, but I can't verify that) then I think they
would have the resources to handle it.

Jan

Dawn

Soilders for Jesus!

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 06:54:57 AM »

This is very said! But untill others take a stand and fight for what is right, then nothing will never change! You all are in our prayers as all these children are. God bless and keep your faith in the Loed!

Our Lord is the anwser to all our problems!
Dawn

Soilders for Jesus!

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 06:57:36 AM »

Keep your faith in the Lord!

Our Lord is the anwser to all our problems!
annonymous
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 06:09:08 AM »

I too believe DCS should be abolished and handed over to the police.  I also think the police should be paid a little more and given some kind of release therapy for their built up anger and arrogant complexes that undoubtedly come from their work alot.  But that's another topic.  I hated DCS for years, and then we tried to use them against my husband's ex.  Don't get me wrong.  She was living with two men, a three bedroom apartment, 2 bath, and 9 people sleeping there at times.  The girls had lice for 6 months.  The four year old was forced to do her own lice treatment when their mother had her, and they were punished any time they told their father they loved him.  We buzzed their hair (after school was out, and only one was school age).  After we finally had to leave the situation, their hair had grown a few inches, and they...gues what...had lice again!  I constantly walked around with oil in my hair and a scarf around it for protection.  I constantly vaccumed furniture and cleaned linens.  We used an excellent organic lice remover, and even gave her some with a good comb.  She refused to use it, told us she did, and then returned the unopened bottle.  
Then, after calling DCS twice on her for several things, the same case-worker we talked to called us in for questioning.  The oldest had marks on her, and we supposedly did it.  We can only speculate what happened, we left the situation.  The girls' minds were definatley being messed with (physical scares heal MUCH quicker than mental-I will contest that with anybody anyday!!!), and we felt it best to leave before it just got worse.  DCS actually asked us why we didn't turn anything in to them when we told them what she did.  I looked in disbelief as I said, "I DID!!!!!"
It's a power high.  That's all it is.  And it's a weapon for miscreant children to use against authority.  I've known several foster kids, and yes, it's much worse there than on the streets many times!!  (That's usually where I met them, b/c they had run away form the foster home b/c it was better on the street.  I was friends with them for years, and helped them to become better adults)
puzzled citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 08:39:57 AM »

DCS is mostly a joke... I can say this because, Several years ago my parents who live in  a small city setting repeatedly observed a neighber abuse his daughter, as did many of the other neighbors. They took turns calling dcs. Dcs would come out and do a visit and leave then tell my parents and the neighbors they everything checked out o.k. as far as they could tell. At one point my father even had an altercation with the neighbor after he struck the little girl with a limb that had fallen off a tree. The police were called and when the story was told they threatened to take my father to jail, they told him to mind his own business. DCS was called. Everything was o.k. they said. the child walked around with bruises all over. Neighbors saw it happen they called and called, DCS did nothing. The police came everytime and they called in dcs, but because dcs would do nothing their hands were tied. Finally, we got a petition from all of the neighbors, called the chief of police for meeting, called dcs to be there and absolutely demanded that they do something, they finally did, they removed the girl, she was 11, they left her brother who was an infant. By this time the 11 year old girl was pregnant, by the father, who was her stepfather as it turned out. and once she was removed she told them everything that had happened to her, they went back and removed the brother. About a month later before the guy went to court, he was working on his car and it fell on him, killing him. that is what i call poetic justice!!!
Dcs has way too much power to decide who goes, who doesn't. and for what reasons. there needs to be  a major overhaul, I personally think the police should get more of a say so in the matter.
TIDDYBEAR
SOUND OFF All Star

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

Yes annonymous, you couldn't be more right that the
psysical scars heal much faster than the mental scars.
Can you imangine the mental scars of being yanked
from your home and taken to live with strangers that tell you that your parents are horrible people that don't love you and how bad things are going to be when you go back home.  The even refused to let him eat supper one night because he refused to clean up after the other 2 foster kids.

And Puzzled, I agree that police should have more of a say so in the matter.  But all they are right now is a butt kisser for DCS.  In our case the "field notes" of the County Sheriff Dept said "It was discovered that the child had been left alone since Dec 10".  That was NOT discovered because he was NOT left alone.  But that is what DCS is saying so, that is what the police put in their notes.  It also said "social worker determined it to be in childs best interest to be taken into state custody PENDING an investigation".  Does this mean that no investigation was done before they came to my house?? On the "arrest report" it said "child was left unsupervised while his parents went on a 2 month cruise".  That is a lie also.  He was not left unsupervised.  

DCS doesn't have time to investigate actual cases of abuse.  They are too busy with the false charges against innocent parents.

I notice that there is no one here putting up a "Rah Rah DCS" post to get into a debate with, lol.

Jan

puzzled citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 01:45:52 PM »

I actually think that the ides of a dcs is a good one, just not the one we have is place currently. I also know that there will always be a grey area where the safety of kids are concerned. It would be fine me if they always erred on the side of caution, but this is not the case. They will take some kids from their home that are in no imminent danger from a situation(like the story above) and leave others that could be killed(like hailey). It seems there are no set operating guidelines. It depends upon who the paperwork gets handed off to. What kind of day they have had, if they want to deal with it, if they even give  ashit.  It would seem that when the safety of a child is at stake, our system should have a greater grip than they do. It's a sad depiction of who we are and what we allow.
Mommy_of_3_angels

I love Sound Off Forum!

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 08:18:21 PM »

Hello to all---

I believe that they arent the greatest people around for what they have done to so many people . I wish that they would look before they leap. It is a shame that they dont look twice before just taking kids out of a home . It would save a lot of headaches for alot of people let alone it wouldnt harm so many families. I wish to change there way of doing things. I want to say that one day it will be differnt but I am affaird that wont be true it will take a long time to get everything fix the right way. God Bless those kids out there and families that are so very inocent. Mommy of 3 angels
TIDDYBEAR
SOUND OFF All Star

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004, 11:39:25 AM »

You are so VERY right Mommy!!  My question is
what does it TAKE to bring this to the public's
attention??  You can't get the media's attn.
I don't understand.  Why are the courts, the
media, everybody so AFRAID of DCS?

TOO many people out there have the belief
"well, there must have been some abuse
or DCS wouldn't have taken the kids"
Wrong, wrong, WRONG!!!

DCS is so busy accusing innocent families, they
don't have time for the actual abuse cases.

My husband and i were out of town. Our son
was in the care of his sister.  It was 4:30 in
the afternoon and his sister wasn't home
from work yet, but a 21 yr old friend of hers
was there with him.  DCS shows up.
They decide that they must take him into
custody and place him in foster care.
From the situation I have described someone
please tell me:
  WHAT was the danger that my son was in?
  WHAT was the "severe or irreparable" harm
that was going to come to him by waiting for
a hearing to decide to remove him?

This is 2 of the things that  TN code 37-1-114
says must be present for the child to be removed
from the home before a hearing.  The other is
that there be "no less drastic alternative" to
the removal of the child.  But they took him
before any alternative could be found.

If they had waited for a hearing to remove him
2 things would have happened.  #1 they would
have been in contact with US.  #2 his grandmother
would have been there.

But this isn't how DCS does things.  They woudln't
have been paid their federal funds if he had been
left in his home with his grandmother.

Jan James
Chattanooga, TN

debb6237

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 10:57:32 PM »

Well, I have had a horrible time here in Tn. I moved here to keep my child safe.We lived in Chicago,IL. and I moved here to a town of child rapist,druggies and drunks!And I thought Tn. would be a safer place lol!I cannot count on one hand the decent people here in my town.All's I can say is it is a shame.I hate that my Lil girl has to grow up in this messed up world.
Report to moderator   Logged
lluvllyllady

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 11:13:28 PM »

I am like you Waynrdude, I use to think that the folks who had their kids taken away  by DCS deserved it UNTIL, I got custody of my 6 yr old niece. She has been sexually,physically,and emotionally abused by her mother, father and one of their friends. Needless to say I ended up with a child who has TONS of issues. I begged for help for over a year and a half from several different facilities including DCS. The only place that even tried to help was her mental health facility. The child has cut her other 3 sisters hair 16x's, put dog poo in one sisters mouth, attacked her sisters with a knife, lies constantly on the school, other sibblings, grandmother,and cousin. She is severe ADHD, has impulse control issues, compulsive liar,and is OCD.
This last incident of her cutting her sibblings hair, one is 3 the other is 5, I let them hit her back(she is 6) and they put a couple of bruises on her.
And I also went to a child abuse prevention center for help (mind you this is one of the MANY places I asked for help from) now all of a sudden it's MY fault that she is the way she is. They claim that WE are the ones who are sexually, emotionally and physically abusing this child. The DCS worker who is supposedly working the case is a 23 yr old girl who has an attitude of superiority and thinks shes GOD.
I hope that one day this KID of a DCS worker has the same thing done to her!
VTFOREVER

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 08:24:48 PM »

I am like you Waynrdude, I use to think that the folks who had their kids taken away  by DCS deserved it UNTIL, I got custody of my 6 yr old niece. She has been sexually,physically,and emotionally abused by her mother, father and one of their friends. Needless to say I ended up with a child who has TONS of issues. I begged for help for over a year and a half from several different facilities including DCS. The only place that even tried to help was her mental health facility. The child has cut her other 3 sisters hair 16x's, put dog poo in one sisters mouth, attacked her sisters with a knife, lies constantly on the school, other sibblings, grandmother,and cousin. She is severe ADHD, has impulse control issues, compulsive liar,and is OCD.
This last incident of her cutting her sibblings hair, one is 3 the other is 5, I let them hit her back(she is 6) and they put a couple of bruises on her.
And I also went to a child abuse prevention center for help (mind you this is one of the MANY places I asked for help from) now all of a sudden it's MY fault that she is the way she is. They claim that WE are the ones who are sexually, emotionally and physically abusing this child. The DCS worker who is supposedly working the case is a 23 yr old girl who has an attitude of superiority and thinks shes GOD.
I hope that one day this KID of a DCS worker has the same thing done to her!

Sounds like you niece had some unfortunate events in her life.  It also sounds like the mental facility should have kept her and she should have continued therapy even in your home.  DCS is not suppose to treat your child but DCS is suppose to over see that your child is being treated right if they are in states custody and if the child is having behavioral problems plus over see the dictionary of paper work.  We cannot fix every problem obviously only try.  If a doctor suggests something then you have a choice to take the advice.  If you donít like the doctorís advice and nothing is being done then it is the caretakerís responsibility to find a doctor that the care taker feels that progress has been made.  In issues such as yours it would be an ongoing process of therapy and treatment for this child.  Nothing makes my blood boil more then an adult sexually abusing a child.  From what I have witness the child usually has issues the rest of there life and it is sad very sad. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: