Sound Off Forum

This forum is now closed. We are no longer allowing new posts or user registrations. It will remain available for archival purposes. Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion.

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 02:41:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: School Closings  (Read 3817 times)
dadams

« on: February 13, 2006, 05:45:12 PM »

Why does the school board wait so long to let the public know if schools are closed because of inclement weather?  I was really surprised to know that school was called off this morning.  It is like if the weather is ok on main streets then it is ok on back roads, which is far from the truth.  I feel that Dr. Lindsey does not take into consideration for the people that live outside the city limits.  They are going to keep on and someone is going to get killed in an accident because of slick roads. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Forum Admin
Administrator
SOUND OFF All Star

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 09:22:25 AM »

We reported Monday,
"Representatives from the school system say their crews drove around early Monday morning and felt some of the roads were too icy to run bus routes, especially in the far southern and eastern parts of the county.

WATE.com Web Administrator
TLC1ST
SOUND OFF All Star

"Always Faithful"

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:14:47 PM »

Check this out,We had schools closed last year because of slick roads.This year its sick kids.

"Life is Sexually Transmitted"
deb
SOUND OFF All Star

As a matter of fact, I am opinionated.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 02:15:56 AM »

Yea, closing the schools for one reason or another seems to be the goal of the various school superintendents.

I don't think the kids have had more that one full week of school since going back after the Christmas holidays.

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.

Jean de la Bruyere
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: